- Negotiating landmark conservation deals, including the preservation of 240,000 acres at Tejon Ranch and the $93 million Coyote Valley acquisition in the City of San Jose.
- Defeating the Foothill-South Toll Road and securing permanent protections for San Onofre State Beach from future highway development (California State Parks Foundation et al. v. Superior Court of San Diego County, 150 Cal.App.4th 826 (4th Dist. 2007)).
- Negotiating on behalf of the Transbay Joint Powers Authority for the sale of three tower sites in downtown San Francisco, including the Salesforce Tower site, netting $525 million in sales proceeds for construction of the Transbay transit center.
Community Service, Publications, and Recognitions
- 2020 California Lawyer Attorney of the Year (“CLAY”) award.
- 2009 CLAY award.
- Northern California Super Lawyers since 2013.
- Best Lawyers in America since 2011.
Member of the Bar of the State of California, the District of Columbia, and the U.S. Supreme Court.
New York University Law School, JD, 1995
University of Virginia, BA, 1990
I enjoy night-hiking, campfires with the family, and Al Green on the turntable.