- Serving as City Attorney for the City of Saratoga and General Counsel to the Alameda County Waste Management Authority.
- Advising community groups in complex settlement negotiations such as those leading to a permanent stream of funding for workforce housing, habitat preservation, and open space preservation in the Truckee-Tahoe region.
- Advising Marin County on its award-winning 2007 General Plan update and the Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District’s Coastal Protection Program and Service Plan for 140,000 acres of coastal San Mateo County.
Community Service, Publications, and Recognitions
- Managing Partner of Shute, Mihaly & Weinberger since 2016.
- Recognized as a 2009 California Lawyer Attorney of the Year for advising a coalition of conservation groups in negotiating an agreement for preservation of 240,000 acres of the 270,000 acre historic Tejon Ranch in Kern and Los Angeles Counties.
- President of the Sierra Nevada Alliance Board of Directors from 2013 to 2016.
Member, State Bar of California, U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.
UC Berkeley School of Law, JD, 1988
UC Berkeley Haas School of Business, MBA, 1988
UC Davis, BS in Environmental Policy Analysis and Planning, 1982
I taught natural history at a summer camp in the Sierra, have a passion for all things Italian, and aspire to read more world history.