- Representing Seattle City Light in rate and tariff proceedings before the California Independent System Operator and Bonneville Power Administration; leading the development of policies regarding market power mitigation, resource adequacy, frequency response, day-ahead market design, interjurisdictional allocation methodologies, and carbon pricing.
- Drafting contracts for wholesale sales of energy, transmission, frequency response, operating reserves, and renewable energy credits.
- Leading the Washington State Utilities and Transportation Commission’s investigation into distributed generation cost shifts and rate design, the revision of rules regarding renewable portfolio and energy efficiency resource standards (WAC 480-109) and the interconnection of distributed generation facilities (WAC 480-108).
Community Service, Publications, and Recognitions
- Bowerman Energy Law Fellow.
- Best Brief for Appellee, National Environmental Law Moot Court Competition.
Member, Oregon State Bar; Mr. Zakai is not a member of the State Bar of California.
University of Oregon School of Law, JD, 2012
University of Michigan, BS, 2005
I enjoy biking around my home in Seattle, Washington, wandering through the Cascade mountains, and brewing beer.