- Helping cultural fire practitioners and prescribed fire advocates put more good fire on the ground, by advising fire collaboratives, developing reports and strategic plans, and advancing policy solutions.
- Working with the Colorado River Indian Tribes to protect cultural resources throughout the ancestral homelands of tribal members, by securing tribal monitors, enforcing adequate government-to-government consultation, and reducing project impacts.
- Representing Hills For Everyone to prevent the development of the steep, fire-prone hills above the City of Brea, adjacent to Chino Hills State Park (Hills for Everyone v. Oslic Holdings LLC (Cal. Ct. App., Oct. 17, 2017, No. G053160) 2017 WL 4640128).
Community Service, Publications, and Recognitions
- 2020 California Lawyer Attorney of the Year (“CLAY”) Award, for work on behalf of the Peninsula Open Space Trust to protect the Coyote Valley.
- Board of Directors (Vice Chair, Land Protection Committee Chair) — Save the Redwoods League.
- Co-Leader of SMW’s efforts to improve diversity, equity, and inclusion within the firm, the legal profession, and our communities.
- Adjunct Professor of Conservation Transactions, UC Hastings College of the Law.
- Past Board Chair — Bay Area Wilderness Training.
Member of the Bar of the State of California, the U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, the U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Central, and Eastern Districts of California, and the courts of the Colorado River Indian Tribes.
UC Berkeley, JD, 2010
New York University, Master’s in Urban Planning, 2007
Harvard University, AB, Environmental Science and Public Policy, 2004
I spend my time making sure I can keep up with my kiddo on my gravel bike, volunteering to help elect Democrats up and down the ballot, and finding the best pastries in the Bay Area.