- Negotiating and implementing ongoing Public Trust land swap agreements and other entitlements for public agencies redeveloping former military bases around San Francisco Bay, including subdivision mapping and infrastructure agreements.
- Coordinating complex title clearance, transactions, and subdivision mapping required to rebuild the 100% affordable Alice Griffith Community in San Francisco’s Bayview.
- Representing Hills For Everyone in years of litigation opposing luxury development in fire-prone canyon abutting Chino Hills State Park.
- Advising and defending state agencies developing plans to protect California’s water resources.
Community Service, Publications, and Recognitions
- Co-led the firm’s efforts to improve diversity, equity, and inclusion within the firm, the legal profession, and our communities.
- Assisted Dreamers preparing DACA renewals.
- Member of prevailing litigation teams in Cleveland National Forest Foundation v. County of San Diego (2019) 37 Cal.App.5th 1021, 1030 (Subdivision Map Act barred residential development on land subject to Williamson Act agricultural-use contract); Delta Stewardship Council Cases (2020) 48 Cal.App.5th 1014, 1027 (Delta Reform Act authorized policies requiring certain water users to reduce reliance on the Delta); Silverado Modjeska Recreation & Park Dist. v. County of Orange (2011) 197 Cal.App.4th 282, 288 (public agency not liable for developer’s attorney fees).
Member of the Bar of the State of California, the U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Fourth, Ninth, and Tenth Circuits, and the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California.
New York University School of Law, JD, 2002
Swarthmore College, BA, 1996
Clerkships: Honorable M. Blaine Michael, United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit; Honorable Dana Fabe, Alaska Supreme Court
I clean both bathrooms and vacuum upstairs, every week. I have a firm commitment to South African jazz and the Oakland A’s. I’m a slow trail runner and a fast reader, a basic baker and a pretentious moviegoer — but I love all my hobbies equally.