- Authoring prevailing argument in Friends of the Eel River v. North Coast Railroad Authority (2017) 3 Cal.5th 677, upholding state environmental review against federal preemption claim.
- Serving as lead counsel in Stein v. Alameda County Waste Management Authority (Cal.Ct.App. 2020, A154804), successfully defending environmental review for state-of-the-art composting and recycling project.
- As a member of the litigation team, defeating extension of the Foothill-South Toll Road and securing permanent protections for San Onofre State Beach from future highway development.
Community Service, Publications, and Recognitions
- Service award from the City of Oxnard for successfully opposing construction of a gas-fired power plant on Oxnard’s coastline.
- Founder and Managing Article Editor of Michigan Journal of Environmental & Administrative Law.
Member of the State Bar of California and the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California.
University of Michigan Law School, JD, 2011
University of Michigan, Master of Public Policy, 2011
Macalester College, Bachelor of Arts, 2005
I am a devoted father of two little boys and their menagerie of stuffed animals. Pastimes include cooking, fermentation, songwriting, and road trips, boys permitting.