- Representing environmental groups to require the San Diego regional transportation agency to consider climate change in its planning (Cleveland National Forest Foundation v. San Diego Assn. of Govs. (2017) 3 Cal.5th 497; (2017) 17 Cal.App.5th 413).
- Arguing before the California Supreme Court on behalf of Friends of the Eel River to require an environmental review of a toxic rail project and help establish the Great Redwood Trail (Friends of the Eel River v. North Coast Railroad Authority (2017) 3 Cal.5th 677).
- Representing coalitions of environmental and community groups in successfully challenging sprawl development in the Martis Valley area of the Sierra Nevada.
Community Service, Publications, and Recognitions
- Member of the board of directors of the Center for Food Safety.
- Recognition for serving on the negotiating team for the landmark Tejon Ranch settlement, preserving 240,000 acres in four crucial ecological regions in Southern California.
Member of the Bars of the State of California; U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit; and U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California.
UCLA, JD, 2003
UC Berkeley, BA, 1995
I am a dedicated mother of two. I enjoy exploring the scenery of the Bay Area and the Sierra, as well as world travel with my family.