- Leading successful efforts to reform interconnection procedures for renewable energy projects at the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission and in multiple states including California, Iowa, Illinois, Maryland, Minnesota, Montana, Nevada, New York, North Carolina, South Carolina, and others.
- Writing the principle regulatory strategy for the adoption of Hosting Capacity Analyses and leading adoption and improvement of those analysis in California, New York, Minnesota, Nevada and other states.
- Developing the first policy guides on energy storage interconnection to the distribution system and achieving successive improvement of interconnection policies for energy storage in California, Nevada, Maryland, Massachusetts, and multiple other states.
Community Service, Publications, and Recognitions
- California Lawyer Attorney of the Year (CLAY) Award for Environmental and Pro Bono Advocacy, 2010.
- Super Lawyers Rising Star.
- Interstate Renewable Energy Council “Energy Hero” Award 2018.
- Member of the Research Advisory Board for the UC Berkeley Center for Law, Energy and the Environment (CLEE).
- Author of multiple publications on renewable energy policy, including:
- Optimizing the Grid: A Regulator’s Guide to Hosting Capacity Analyses for Distributed Energy Resources, Interstate Renewable Energy Council, Inc., with Stephanie Safdi, December 2017.
- Charging Ahead: Energy Storage Guide for Policymakers, Interstate Renewable Energy Council, Inc., with Joseph Petta and Sara Baldwin Auck, April 2017.
- Deploying Distributed Energy Storage: Near-Term Regulatory Considerations to Maximize Benefits, Interstate Renewable Energy Council, Inc., with Amanda Vanega, February 2015.
- For more publications see: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sky-stanfield/
Member, State Bar of California.
UC Berkeley School of Law, JD, 2005, Certificate in Environmental Law
Hobart and William Smith Colleges, BA, Environmental Studies, 2000
I am an avid Ocean Beach surfer and explorer of waves around the world including South Africa, Chile, Peru, Costa Rica, Mexico and many more.