- Successfully defending the County of Alameda in a series of lawsuits concerning the constitutionality of the County’s billboard regulations and the abatement of illegal billboards.
- Successfully defending the City of Berkeley’s historic agreement with UC Berkeley to support City services and mitigate impacts from UC’s planned growth, against various Brown Act, tort, and local ballot measure claims.
- Successfully representing a group of citizens and farmers to uphold and defend a local ballot initiative in the City of Woodland.
- Representing one of the foremost, national clean energy advocacy organizations before the California, Minnesota, and Maine Public Utilities Commissions.
- In a long career prior to law school, serving as a software engineer, manager, and ultimately Vice President of a large team of over 200 engineers, fostering numerous projects from design to delivery.
Community Service, Publications, and Recognitions
- Key Decisions for Hosting Capacity Analyses, Interstate Renewable Energy Council, with Sky Stanfield and Yochi Zakai, September 2021
- Water, Water, Everywhere? Establishing a public trust in groundwater to address agricultural pollution in California, Environs, UC Davis Environmental Law & Policy Journal, Spring 2020
- It Takes Two to Tango: Regulating the Emerging Risks of Microorganisms, Environs, UC Davis Environmental Law & Policy Journal, Fall 2018
Member of the Bars of the State of California, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, and the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California.
UC Davis (King Hall), JD, 2019, Order of the Coif
UC Berkeley, MA in Physics
Indiana University, BA in English Literature and Mathematics; BS in Physics
Clerkship: Honorable Craig F. Stowers, Alaska Supreme Court
I am proud to have been a founding member of the Las Semillitas School, a Spanish language cooperative preschool based in Oakland, California, designed around collective participation, ecological responsibility, holistic health, and progressive social consciousness. Outside of work, I enjoy hiking, photography (both digital and film), and fine food.